My interview with James centered primarily around my work with the Glean Program in 2012, an art residency which sends five local artists to the city dump for six months to glean for art materials, and then to create art from those materials, etc.
In my chapter of the book, James gave an overview of the Glean program, and then presented a few questions to me for the following pages:
1. As one of the Glean artists you got to go to the city dump and collect art materials for art supplies. Were you shocked by what you found at the dump?
2. What was most interesting about digging through all that stuff?
3. There are people in other countries making a living digging through city dumps. Have you seen the Landfill Harmonic Orchestra?
4. How long have you created art? What inspired you to get involved with Glean?
5. The artwork at the (Glean) show was very diverse. What was the response from the audience?
As the book is copyrighted and for sale by the author, I can only give you a "small" look at my chapter: