Gleaning in the City Dump #75
Using one of the mannequin heads that I found a few weeks ago, I've completed a new piece. I cut the back off the head and most of the neck, sanded some of the features from the face (a bit of an aging process), and reconstructed the eyes with the two copper bells that I took out of an old telephone. I encircled the eyes with some "ball chain" that came from an IKEA curtain. The whole thing went into what looked to be an old tool box, which I cleaned, sanded, dyed, etc. I added "wings" on the side of the box which were originally the "feet" of an old couch. A wooden frame with glass rests over the mannequin's head. All materials came directly from the city dump, gleaned at various times in the last few weeks. There is a certain amount of "creep out" factor when using these mannequin parts. Whew...photographing this thing was tricky.
8/9/2012 02:31:31 pm
I think this is very cool, Greg. Creepy and cool. Looks like it was a fun one to make.
Leave a Reply.